Date: 17th July 2017 at 10:02pm
Written by:

A semi busy end to last week with Nicky Ajose leaving for Bury and Jorge Teixeira headed to Sint-Truiden.

On Saturday Charlton Athletic confirmed that Jorge Teixeira had headed to Sint-Truiden on a permanent deal.

The 30 year old centre half joined the club from Standard Liege back in 2016 and having made 39 league appearances for the club, he returned six league goals.

Speaking to the Official Site manager Karl Robinson explained.

‘Jorge is a true professional and came back for pre-season in fantastic shape. We`re sad to see him go but the deal on the table was best for us as a club and for Jorge. I`d like to wish him all the best at Sint-Truiden.’

Also departing the club last week was striker Nicky Ajose.

He has headed to Bury and Gigg Lane on a season long loan deal.

The 25 year old joined us from Swindon Town last summer and scored seven times for the club last season before he spent the end of the campaign back with Swindon on a loan spell.

Robinson explained.

‘Nicky came in and worked hard in pre-season. I sat down with him and he said this was something he wanted, so I told him I wasn`t going to stand in his way.’

Charlton Bloggers

Join The Vital Debate